With increasing pressure on supply chains to be more efficient, that’s leaving a large margin for improvement. Lean Six Sigma is that solution.
This methodology for operational excellence is a time-tested way to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma is a method of process improvement for operational excellence. It’s designed to remove waste and inefficiency and improve working conditions in order to achieve your operational goals and meet your customer’s needs.
There are 7 key principles that make up the method. They are:
- Focus on the customer
- Identify and understand how the work gets done. Also known as the value stream
- Manage, improve and smooth the process flow
- Remove non-value-added steps and waste
- Manage by data and reduce variation
- Involve and train the people in the process
- Undertake improvement activity in a systematic way
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Lean Six Sigma are numerous for operations.
- Reduce costs
- Improve product quality
- Speed up processes
- Increase safety
- Improve customer satisfaction
Because it can reduce cost while increasingly efficiency, businesses are able to stay competitive in a pressurized market.
At SIMOS Insourcing Solutions, we work with you to develop a workforce solution that embodies the principles of Lean Six Sigma.
Learn more about Lean Six Sigma in our free ebook
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Casey Nighbor